Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I Am Number 4 By Pittacus Lore



They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

They killed them all.


I am Number 4.


I am next.



Daniel and Henri are living in Florida until word is that Number 3 has been killed. The Mogadorians will be after him next. They destroy everything that has there mark on and make new passports, birth certificates, new names for Daniel, now John, new ages, etc. and set off for Paradise, Ohio. Their goal here like everywhere else is not to be noticed so they can leave silently when the time comes. John is having a tough time with that. It all starts when Mark, the school bully, throws a meatball at him and this kid Sam's head. John and Mark are driving each other crazy mostly because they also fallen for the same girl, Sarah. She broke up with Mark a year ago and he still hasn't gotten over it and Sarah loves John. Anyway, John's Legacies begin to develop, and I won't tell you which ones in particular because that would ruin the story but Legacies are powers in a way. I probably should have mentioned this first but John and Henri both are from the planet Lorien but they and all of the other 'numbers' had to leave Lorien because they were ambushed by the Mogadorians in hope that one day they could come back and bring back all of the Loriens. There are also two types of Loriens, Garde, who develop powers like John, and Cepan, people like Henri who teach the Garde how to use their powers and such. This is a great book even though I make it sound awful and sorry about how I mention the important stuff last, I don't know what my issue is and I didn't have the patience to go back and fix it. Also this book is a great book for quotes like the one above and there's a second book as well, The Power of Six.


-Meg



No comments: