Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wonderstruck!

I am truly sorry that I haven't been around to post lately but honestly nothing was really going on. Anyway just finished Brian Selznick's Wonderstruck and let me tell you, it leaves you wonderstruck! If anybody has read a book by Brian Selznick then you know what I mean. His stories are mostly these fantastic pictures that take you through the book. This one was about two kids who's stories are set 50 years apart and are  both deaf. They struggle to communicate at times but make it through. Ben's goal is to find his long lost father while Rose just wants to know where she belongs in this world. The best part is that Ben's story is told only through words and Rose's through pictures. I was mesmerized. I also am proud to announce that Brian Selznick along with Rick Riordan will be October's authors of the month! I will not personally meet Brian Selznick but I'm having my dad meet him. If you have any questions just comment by October 2nd. I might meet Rick Riordan so you can ask questions for him to. Last but not least there is new character art,

Hazel Levesque's Stallion
Also known as Arion, this horse makes Olympic sprinters and cheetahs jealous. He's fast. He's also Hazel's most powerful tool.
What do they do? Aside from his lightning-fast feet and some impressive brute strength, Arion is the most loyal horse a girl could ask for.
Noteworthy: Arion was initially a royal treasure of the Amazons, and has a taste for gold, and other metal objects. What's precious to humans is lunch to Arion.

Rick said...

Meet Hazel, a girl with a complicated past. Demigod? Yes. Is that horse important? You bet. Hazel has powers you have never seen before, because her godly parent is on the Roman side. But (major hint) she is related to a character you know well from the Percy Jackson series.Which one? I think that will surprise you.


I personally think it's the roman version of Athena. Anyway, happy one week till' Son of Neptune.
-Meg





3 comments:

Unknown said...

At least you update your blog, have you seen mine lately? it's like been months!

Meghan said...

Everybody has one hour starting now to put up any questions for Brian

Tessa said...

It isn't Athena...You've read it so you know! :)