Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lois Lowry Update And Other Information

Sadly, I did not make it last night and nobody had any questions either, so oh well. I will be contacting her by e-mail as soon as somebody asks a question. I highly recommend The Giver Series by her. Also, You Have To Stop This (Secret Series #5) came out today and we will be e-mailing him next month and maybe meeting Rick Riordan again. Another new book that came out today was The Underdogs By Mike Lupica. It's about a kid who loves football but can't get enough people to do it because of money. I highly recommend his books even if you're not a big sports person. To finish off my post here I would like to introduce the newest character, Thanatos.

Also known as the god of death. This guy controls where souls go after people die. Fun job, huh?
What does he do? Acts as a lieutenant of Pluto (Hades), Thanatos acts as border control to keep souls from crossing between life and death without his permission.
Noteworthy: He's a good looking guy. Who knew the god of death was a looker?

Rick said...
Time for our Tuesday character reveal!
You will meet many gods in The Son of Neptune, but here's a fellow most mortals would prefer not to meet: Thanatos, the god of death. What part will he play, and what's up with those chains? For that, you will have to wait for the book. However, if you'd like to read up on Thanatos, I'd recommend one of my favorite online resources for Greek mythology: theoi.com.

Why has Rick been so boring with his character reveal posts lately. Grrr

-Meg



No comments: