Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mike Lupica LIVE!

OK, well I've met him and this is how the story went. First, he gave a huge speech about how Travel Team was a true story based on his son when he got kicked off the travel team and how Mike made his own for all of the people who had been kicked off. (review coming soon!) Then, he talked about his inspiration for Hero, he said it all started at some convention when someone asked him if he'd rather be able to fly or be invisible. Then he got the idea for Hero also because he was a comic book fan. After, he took questions. I asked him if he was going to write a hockey book or not and he said that he had an idea but he had also come up with a new football book a sequel to Hero and a ton more. So hockey fan shall wait longer for a good hockey book. Some 5-year old told him that he was read a basketball book (Travel Team) and he told the kid to never stop playing and stuff like that. It was touching. Then he answered a few more (a video my friend took may be coming) and began signing. We were supposed to be in alphabetical order but me and Maggie just sat in a corner reading The Ugly Truth until he was pretty much done. (review coming soon, maybe) since there was only like 75 people and we waited till it was half-way done we only got 10 pages in. We hopped in line and waited a few more minutes then he signed our books out to us. (Hero, of course) We then left. THE END

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that was SO much fun!!! :D
It was awesome because we were the last ones in line! (since we sat in a corner and read) So we got to talk to him, and tell Mike that we have the same inatils as him! ML's ROCK, not that everyone else doesn't. I like other peoples. :)
Yeah I offered to videotape Meg asking her question, and she was the last one he answered. So there's a lot of other people's questions on there too. But that's kinda good, 'cuse then the fans on this site who didn't get to ask questions for U can see if their's is on there.
OK i'll go now. sorry about the REALLY long comment. See Ya Soon! :) :D ;)
-Maggie
aka MaggieMoo

Meghan said...

I liked your comment Maggie. there's nothing to be ashamed of.
-Meg ※

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds really cool! My parents would never go to a book signing. They say that there are better things in life to do. I would like to go to one. It would be a lot of fun. :)

Unknown said...

@Anonymous: I think that was one of my first book signings, I've only been to a few. I think my Dad let me go to that one, one because he's a librarian, two he offered to be our ride, and three, Meghan was going. So yeah I'm kinda with you.

Unknown said...

If you guys want to check out my blog, (i do reviews sometimes) here it is:
www.purrysdiary.blogspot.com

i know wut U R thinkin' yes it was something VERY different before

Meghan said...

Yeah, I had never been to one either though I would love to get out more.