Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda By Tom Angleberger and Other Things

Great book but very quick. It was only about 140 pages so I finished it in less than 24 hours. But all in all it was a great book. It's the story of a origami yoda finger puppet that gives out the best advice and can practically predict the future but the kid who has the puppet on is completely crazy, so to speak. Yoda will tell anybody what they need to know unless they're rude. This is a collection of files to help figure out if origami yoda is real or not. Also, Darth Paper Strikes Back comes out August 23 along with The Power of Six (Sequel to I am Number 4) The next important release date after these two is You Have To Stop This (Last book in the Secret Series) which come out October 1st. I also think that I should address the sad news about Borders. Please leave a departing message for them in the comments. Alas, they are out of business and now I must drive a half-hour at least to get to the nearest bookstore. All of us people who won't use a electronic reader now must hope that Barnes and Nobles don't leave like Borders. I pretty sure that they can't get rid of bookstores completely because most of the time kids can't bring electronic readers to school. We have to get the good old paper versions. I had a nook and wouldn't use it because a) I can't read to books at once b) I can't bring it to school and c) There were to many extras like Internet, sudoku, and chess. (I seriously need to learn how to play that game) Now you can even buy stuff like Angry Birds for them! Anyway I hope you get my point now because I'm beginning to ramble.
-Meg

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Borders, you have been around for as long as I can remember and I will have some great memories at your stores. From when me and Mag met Rick Riordan at your store in Maine. To the cheesy Lighning Thief Movie party where we played discus with paper plates and accidently hit people in the head. Or when we used pom-poms as javelins. I will never forget those days.
-Meg

Unknown said...

You know what's weird? I've been on Muggle Net a few times and it didn't do anything to my computer. I guess that's technology for ya. :)